1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Disabled some bloatware, now "location services" disabled?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by jdisco, Sep 30, 2012.

1. jdisco

jdisco New Member

I disabled some of the bloatware on my Droid Razr Maxx. When trying to tag photos or checking-in on Facebook, "nearby places" aren't shown. My GPS works (and navigation).

I can't pin down whether removing the bloatware has something to do with the lack of identifying nearby places. That's the only conclusion I have. I tried reenabling all the bloatware in various combinations and order and/or reformatting my phone. Essentially, "nearby" places have vanished. Uinstalled/reinstalled Facebook, etc. Nothing works.

The "Social location" app works in showing nearby location, but Facebook does not. It's not necessarily geolocation (phone?) problem since I was able use google maps and navigate to my destination with turn-by-turn directions.

I can't pin down whether it's a phone problem or a Facebook app problem. What gives?
Search tags for this page
android nearby service
cant get location services on my droid razor max
delete bloatware that determine gps location ?

razr maxx location services

razr maxx location services not working