Disabled / hidden apps

tazboysdad

Reaction score
When ICS came out, I saw where you could disable / hide apps that you don't want (i.e. VZ Navigator), so I did this on a couple of apps. However, now I want to un-disable / unhide an app and can not figure out how to do this. Can anyone offer assistance as I continue to search through the plethra of information in all of these threads? I have tried the search function, but that came up empty.

Thanks!

jaybogg

Reaction score
When ICS came out, I saw where you could disable / hide apps that you don't want (i.e. VZ Navigator), so I did this on a couple of apps. However, now I want to un-disable / unhide an app and can not figure out how to do this. Can anyone offer assistance as I continue to search through the plethra of information in all of these threads? I have tried the search function, but that came up empty.

Thanks!

Go to "manage apps", scroll down to the very bottom of the list, and you will see your disabled apps. Select the app you want to enable, and select "Enable".

OP
T

tazboysdad

Reaction score
Silly me...... I was looking in the list, but when it wasn't showing up in the alphabetical order, I thought it wasn't there, and didn't even think of scrolling to the bottom.

THANKS!!!

blowabs

Reaction score
Help...a lil here...how do you "hide apps"...it was so easy on GB ...now i cant find since ICS?????
ty

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
blowabs said:
Help...a lil here...how do you "hide apps"...it was so easy on GB ...now i cant find since ICS?????
ty

Go to apps>long press then drag to the top where it says options>open and select disable or uninstall updates. If you have to uninstall updates repeat process and the next time it will say disable.

blowabs

Reaction score
thx...but i wanted to "hide" certain apps in the apps screen...so i dont have to scroll thru pages of apps ...ty

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
blowabs said:
thx...but i wanted to "hide" certain apps in the apps screen...so i dont have to scroll thru pages of apps ...ty

Than you could group them, popular ones you use into one group so so ones in another. Is that a viable option?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Or you could arrange them in the app tray by frequency so your most used apps appear first.

blowabs

Reaction score
hmmmm...that is fine for apps in your home screens ....but i just want to...hide.... apps that are in the giant folder st bottom/center of home screen..ty

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
ICS did away with hiding apps. But if you group you apps into a group and name that group I.e. sports. Then you put that groups icon on one of your home screens when you press the icon "poof" those apps will pop up. Do one for music, financial matters, etc. Than you would never have to go to the app tray unless you just want to see how many useless apps you have.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
blowabs said:
"ICS did away with hiding apps."
gotcha...ty

Or here's another thing you can do. Select your group (all of the apps you want, excluding all the apps you "want to hide") select that group to appear when you open the app tray. Then the with one more press you can see your "hidden apps".
I'm persistent.