Disable“always-on mobile data"

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use juice defender ultimate, turn auto sync off (but keep background data on, you need it for market etc..) plus an ultra low voltage with droid overclock and i have seen an improvement. I'm also on liberty rom which helps as well. I am a HEAVY user though so I still have to plug in evening. A second battery ($5 on amazon) can and does really help

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
What are you syncing anyway that could use that much data for jd to help? Stocks, news, weather, facebook, twitter, etc? Maybe it works for you if you sync everything hence using far more data to begin with? That could explain the mixed results. If you're trying to mitigate it on your own by syncing manually and whatnot, then using jd could use more battery than if not because it is another application running in the background... Just a theory.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you use any toggle switch app (i use widgetsoid) you can do a manual sync once in a while. Its all that backround stuff that drains juice

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

geoff5093

Reaction score
What are you syncing anyway that could use that much data for jd to help? Stocks, news, weather, facebook, twitter, etc? Maybe it works for you if you sync everything hence using far more data to begin with? That could explain the mixed results. If you're trying to mitigate it on your own by syncing manually and whatnot, then using jd could use more battery than if not because it is another application running in the background... Just a theory.
When my phone is in a low signal area, it will constantly switch between 3G, 1X, and no data. That is what uses most of the battery, when I have data off but the network on it doesn't constantly switch back and forth and I find my battery life to be hugely improved. I don't sync much, I only sync facebook, twitter, flickr, and peeps once a day, two e-mail accounts once every 2 hours, and weather every 3 hours. I get through a 15 hour day with 50-60% battery life left.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
When my phone is in a low signal area, it will constantly switch between 3G, 1X, and no data. That is what uses most of the battery, when I have data off but the network on it doesn't constantly switch back and forth and I find my battery life to be hugely improved. I don't sync much, I only sync facebook, twitter, flickr, and peeps once a day, two e-mail accounts once every 2 hours, and weather every 3 hours. I get through a 15 hour day with 50-60% battery life left.

Okay, then that makes sense... I always have great signal so that explains it. I can see how jd could be helpful for that situation.

geoff5093

Reaction score

Okay, then that makes sense... I always have great signal so that explains it. I can see how jd could be helpful for that situation.
When I had my D1, at work I would be between 0-1 bars. That would drain the battery completely before the end of an 8 hour work day with data on!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Yeah, I used this when I first got my Thunderbolt --- but turning on "Always On Mobile Data" only works if you don't touch your screen for long periods of time. That's where the REAL battery savings come in. It basically disables your 3G/4G until you turn you screen back on at which point it re-syncs everything. You still get calls/texts but not data.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Yeah, I used this when I first got my Thunderbolt --- but turning on "Always On Mobile Data" only works if you don't touch your screen for long periods of time. That's where the REAL battery savings come in. It basically disables your 3G/4G until you turn you screen back on at which point it re-syncs everything. You still get calls/texts but not data.
True, but when I'm at work I can be so busy that I don't touch my phone in 8 hours. It's also useful for if you don't charge your phone overnight.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
True, but when I'm at work I can be so busy that I don't touch my phone in 8 hours. It's also useful for if you don't charge your phone overnight.

Exactly! I turned this feature off again since I don't really rely on any data services - and I had my phone off the charger all night and it was within 3% of what it was yesterday. I think I'll be leaving "Always On Mobile Data" unchecked from now on. Heh.

gorgeouz_lhei

Reaction score
enable always on mobile

that was my problem my phone is hang on the part of enable always on mobile...it appears white and it doesnt check coz it hang so ending the life of the battery was on an hour...how can i disable it...ill try to do everything...remove sd card,check airplaine mode but nothing happens...please help me...Thanks!