Disable the Search Button?

estochin

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the Search Button at the bottom right corner of the Droid? I hit this button all the time when I pick up my phone. I'd rather access this service by an icon.
Thanks in advance.

kinhell

Reaction score
I'd love to know this too... but I'd like the one on the slide-out keyboard disabling.. I seem to hit it a lot when trying to press the ALT button (my fingers aren't big and chunk by any stretch of the imagination).

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't think it's possible natively from the phone itself, others may know if an app exists for this.

Xerozix

Reaction score
I know it's possible to assign the handcent quick compose as the default button press. I'm sure you can make a app to do nothing and assign it to the button.

tlq

Reaction score
Someone? anyone? that button is so useless, I never find myself using it but often accidentally hitting it on manyyyy occasions.

silverx10

Reaction score
So... where's that app you promised?

Though really, I guess all you'd have to do is put this in the onCreate() block:

Code:
finish();
break;

silverx10

Reaction score
Surely you're not suggesting I'm being an ass. If that were the case, I would've stopped at the ?, and not gone on to suggest a possible approach.

Guchi

Reaction score
i use the long press on that button for voice nav and search

Liaison

Reaction score
Anyone come up with a solution for this? This button has become tiresome...