Disable the new Notification Unlock screen?

Valik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android Turbo
If it's the Moto Display notifications, Moto app -> Display -> Select apps. You can pick and choose which apps' notifications will wake Moto Display, however all app notification will be seen on the Lollipop "Notifications" screen.
This is what I'm talking about. (See image below) Before the update these banners never came up when the phone was locked. They were just always at the top of the phone. Now they're smack in the middle of my phone when its on lock mode. If I disable all notifications under settings, it also removes them from the top as well. Before the update, this never happened. For some reason it also wont let me quickly view the Facebook messenger messages as well as my text messages if I just push and hold the message icon while the phone is on lock mode, even though both have it set to view the message under the app settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-12-12-59-28.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-12-12-59-28.png
    24 KB · Views: 397

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about. (See image below) Before the update these banners never came up when the phone was locked. They were just always at the top of the phone. Now they're smack in the middle of my phone when its on lock mode. If I disable all notifications under settings, it also removes them from the top as well. Before the update, this never happened. For some reason it also wont let me quickly view the Facebook messenger messages as well as my text messages if I just push and hold the message icon while the phone is on lock mode, even though both have it set to view the message under the app settings.
Ohhhh, those. Unfortunately, I think the only way to get rid of those is to turn off the app's notifications all together.

Valik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android Turbo
Ohhhh, those. Unfortunately, I think the only way to get rid of those is to turn off the app's notifications all together.
I figured it out! I just disabled all the notifications. Then Under each app I just set the apps I want to show up as priority. Having the weather and battery app as priority still keeps them in the status bar at the top, just not as a banner like I showed in the pic while on lock screen. Now my only problem now is... why is it that when I get a message now on either facebook messenger or Textra text, I cant just push and hold the message icon while its on lock screen to quickly view the messege. Both of those app settings have it set so the message shows, but that option went away after the update. When I push and hold the icon now, its just a blank. I apologize if earlier posters are getting constant notifications :)

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I knew the ones he meant.
It's a double tap to open, not push and hold.
Those are the Lollipop notifications. I'm using that too.
I think what Woodstock was talking about would work with Motos.

TapaTurbo

Valik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android Turbo
I knew the ones he meant.
It's a double tap to open, not push and hold.
Those are the Lollipop notifications. I'm using that too.
I think what Woodstock was talking about would work with Motos.

TapaTurbo
Got it. Went under Moto-Display and unchecked Hide notification details (Just show notifications icon) Now its back to normal. When i get a new message, I just get an icon notification, and I can hold down on that icon to get a quick preview of the message without unlocking the phone. Thank You.