Disable text message notifications

hicksbk

Reaction score
How do you turn off notifications when sending out a text message?

OP
H

hicksbk

Reaction score
When I send out a text message, a notification comes up saying message sent. I was wondering was it anyway I can turn that off

pmas

Reaction score
Open the sms app. Go to menu>settings. In there you will see notification settings for everything including that specific notification. Just uncheck it.

droidmt

Reaction score
Open Messages

Select Menu

Scroll Down to "Sent notification"

Uncheck the box

If you do not want to the received notification uncheck the "Received notification" box as well.

Hope this helps.

OP
H

hicksbk

Reaction score
I already done that and it still pops up, even after rebooting... I dont know what going on

Reaction score
I am getting a similar issue. I prefer Handcent, so I disabled notification on stock msgr, but still getting two.....

solorca

Reaction score
Just got into the settings of the messaging app and turn off all notifications.

I have eliminated them, but still can't find a way to get rid of the number of "unread" messages listed on the messages icon. I use SMS Popup, and I click close when reading the popup. I don't have a notification of the message, but the number of unread is still there. There doesn't appear to be an option to get rid of it.

I don't care for Handcent, but I may be forced to switch if this annoyance doesn't have a fix :(

OP
H

hicksbk

Reaction score
I finally just resetted my phone to factory settings, and there hasnt been a problem since then.

droidmt

Reaction score
Does anyone have this same issue. I think it is a settings issue and I cannot help anymore since I cannot get it to recreate.