disable text autcorrect?

jarhead995

Reaction score
Stupid phone keeps changing Haha to hagar or baha and its pissing me off. How do I disable it?

raven1911

Reaction score
Menu,Settings, language and keyboard settings, android keyboard settings, uncheck quick fixes and that should disable it

bbcrackman

Reaction score
You could also add words to your user dictionary

menu/settings/language & Keyboard/user dictionary

That way it will always be there as a choice and you dont have to disable the autocorrect.

silverx10

Reaction score
Alternatively, you can add the word to your dictionary as you type it by long-pressing the word after it's been written. Or by using the center button in the D-pad when you're typing on the physical keyboard.

All in all, I gotta say: this functionality makes me love the DROID significantly more than the iPhone. As a TFLN post said, "seriously iPhone. stop autocorrecting all my ****s into ducks. you're making all my strong worded texts look harmless and adorable."

SBOTI74

Reaction score
You could also add words to your user dictionary

menu/settings/language & Keyboard/user dictionary

That way it will always be there as a choice and you dont have to disable the autocorrect.

:icon_ banana:Thank you bbcrackman! I've been getting p-ed off ever time I had to type bro. It changed to Brown.... All my Harley Brothers kept asking why I was calling them Brown all the time.:icon_eek:

Now, anyone know how to have it set up so I can enter one special character and then have it change right back to the letters on the virtual keyboard? It worked like that on my BB but now I have to hit shift, character, shift again....

Thanks