Disable phone, but leave gps/bluetooth on?

madspeed

Reaction score
Is it possible to disable incoming phone calls yet leave GPS and bluetooth running? It keeps happening, I'm out for a jog or working out with my bluetooth on, jammin away and then someone has to call. Maybe there's an app that I haven't found yet...

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
im not sure about the gps part, but bluetooth u can certain run in airplane mode...im pretttyyyyyy sure...like 85% sure...maybe 75%

OP
madspeed

madspeed

Reaction score
just put her into airplane mode, then activated bluetooth via the power control widget and no go

uhm,,, how do i get OUT of airplane mode?

got it, just power down and use the option. DUH

ntrddragn

Reaction score
there is an app on the market called aFirewall, i just tested it with my cardio trainer app. I play music, launch cardio trainer then launch the aFirewall and try to call myself from a different phone and the call went straight to voicemail. There is also a missed call log in the app itself but i dont think its working correct though. The setting for aFirewall to block all calls is scenes/(option 1) /look for Call block mode/check Rest (block all). This should work. :)

bikedogrun

Reaction score
Is it possible to disable incoming phone calls yet leave GPS and bluetooth running? It keeps happening, I'm out for a jog or working out with my bluetooth on, jammin away and then someone has to call. Maybe there's an app that I haven't found yet...
Using Airplane mode will definitely disable and not allow calls.

With Airplane Mode turned on, you can easily continue to use your GPS. In fact the GPS settings of on/off are not impacted at all by turning Airplane Mode on or off.

WiFi is impacted by Airplane Mode as the default when Airplane Mode is turned on is to turn Wifi off... but you can easily turn WiFi back on, no problem.

Bluetooth; however, cannot be turned on at all if Airplane Mode is on. No way around it at all on the Droid (that I am aware of).

/BD :reddroid:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe there's an app that I haven't found yet...
I doubt this is what you're looking for but Google Voice has a Do Not Disturb feature that would be a possible solution to this.