Disable Music Rocker control?

sjkellyfetti

Reaction score
Coming from Stock 2.1, I am so not used to the Volume Rocker skipping tracks while the phone is locked, and the bug keeps biting me - is there a way to disable it? I may prefer that since I mostly listen to hour long podcasts during my commute and don't have a general need to FF in my listening. Otherwise I will just learn not to do it eventually :cus:

~Skells

brochaos

Reaction score
when my screen is locked, my volume keys just change volume, but i have the lockscreen controls disabled.

pushdrops

Reaction score
when my screen is locked, my volume keys just change volume, but i have the lockscreen controls disabled.
they don't work for me and i have the lock screen music controls enabled, they don't work and the volume knob only does volume - no track changing (this did work in Cyanogen btw)

mjones73

Reaction score
Try a long press while the screen is off on the volume control. Up skips back, down skips forward.

This is independent of the on screen controls and can't be switched off in the GEM settings.

OP
sjkellyfetti

sjkellyfetti

Reaction score
It's a shame that I haven't found a way to disable that control, as the couple of times that I tried to use the dang thing on purpose, it got stuck, and the suggested fix (multiple short presses while screen locked) doesn't help every time. I am going to try turning off the lock screen player controls for now entirely, with hopes that it disables the rocker controls as well.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't think it's a big deal because you have to long press the up down or camera button for the hacks to work. A short regular press will do the usual volume adjustment. Its a great hack.

mjones73

Reaction score
It's a shame that I haven't found a way to disable that control, as the couple of times that I tried to use the dang thing on purpose, it got stuck, and the suggested fix (multiple short presses while screen locked) doesn't help every time. I am going to try turning off the lock screen player controls for now entirely, with hopes that it disables the rocker controls as well.

They are two separate sets of features, turning off the lock screen controls doesn't disable the rocker controls.

PJnc284

Reaction score
I liked the older glitch from the previous version. Switching tracks and slightly decreasing/increasing the volume is better than infinite track skip.