disable music autoplay

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ksmckay, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ksmckay

ksmckay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I insert headphones into my droid it automatically starts the music player and starts playing music. Does anybody know if there is a way to disable this.

Really annoying and figure there has to be a way to eliminate this.

Right now I am running Froyo BB 0.1.

2. zackplanet42

zackplanet42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do your headphones have a built in remote? I know whenever i plug in one of my pairs of headphones that has inline controls for my ipod, it automatically starts playing the last song i played. It only happens with those headphones though.

3. ohioDroid

ohioDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same thing happens to me, but the headphones aren't anything special, just regular old earbuds.

4. zackplanet42

zackplanet42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know the droid accepts controls through the headphone jack. What i think is happening is that when some headphones are inserted a contacted is probobly being shorted and causing the droid to mistake that for a command. Just a wild guess though.

5. DriveRoute66

DriveRoute66 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I want to play Tune In radio with bluetooth through my car sound system, the damn music always starts and I have to pull Music up and pause it, to listen to the other. Sometimes the bluetooth will just skip or stop for a moment and then I have to start all over with the process.

6. johall07

johall07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this happens to me all the time.....they need to just improve the whole music experience on android no reason my headphones with controls shouldnt work correctly

7. kptphalkon

kptphalkon Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    If there isnt an option to disable pause/resume on headphone unplug, try poweramp. Its a great music player with equalizer and sound controls that are way better than the stock player, has the option to disable headphone pause/resume, and although it only has a 14 day trial (and the unlocker has a hefty price tag, considering the apps popularity) i believe you can just uninstall the app and reinstall ;) also the unlocker app can be gotten for free through unspoken means, but i wont digest that area of knowledge in view of the public.

8. DriveRoute66

DriveRoute66 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just downloaded MortPlayer from Market. It's free. In the settings Configuration and then Preferences, You can check "use as default player" and then uncheck "continue on plug" This was recommended on a forum and may just be the fix we have been looking for. We will see...

9. go22

go22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    android headset blocker app

Android Headset blocker app: can still talk & listen on headset just no more random timed android music & voice command screens appearing & killing phone calls

Search tags for this page
android disable auto music play

android disable autoplay headphones

android disable bluetooth autoplay

android disable music autoplay

android disable music autostart

android stop music autoplay

android turn off autoplay
disable autoplay android

disable autoplay music android

how to turn off android autoplay music