Disable Motoconnect Drive? (Rooted Droid 2)

tuffscott

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just rooted my Droid 2 and now I would like to disable/remove the Motoconnect drive that pops up. Is this possible? I am having problems getting my music to play from the sd card to my car stereo via USB Mass Storage and I think it's because this Motoconnect drive is the first to pop up and the stereo will only see the first available drive. Keep in mind I did try each USB mode and I also tried USB Debug Mode as well. Also, the stereo is not bluetooth capable and this has always worked on other phones/devices in the past. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott
:greendroid:

OP
T

tuffscott

Reaction score
Thanks, but I meant I want to disable the drive on the phone itself. My car stereo cannot tell which of the two drives it needs to read from. So it stops after picking up the drive with the Moto drivers and won't read the SD card drive. Know what I mean?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
Yeah thats crazy, and would annoy me as everybody else with droids are able to play via usb in mass storage mode, I'm sure you have all your music in 1 folder right? Have you tried restarting your phone with it plugged into the radio? or thrown a few songs on another sd card put the new 1 in and tried to play it, if you don't have another sd card try moving everything you need like pics and music to your pc and formatting your card, then throw them back on. Any folder that an app needs will be replaced automatically when the app needs to create it.

I just did a search in root explorer and nothing named motoconnect came up.
If you go to the motorola owners forum you will se that alot of people have this problem and they think its due to froyo and are demanding a patch... sorry

Last edited:
OP
T

tuffscott

Reaction score
I will try that suggestion out. Thanks a lot!! I did not see much as far as what I am looking for. I think I did see one other person in one of the forums with it though. He also had no luck. I'll let you know how it goes.

;)