Disable LED on Missed Calls

Agrajag

Reaction score
I've been trying to pull this off for ages. Have they fixed this? Now I can't even find the setting for it but I'm sure it's off.

I even tried Light Flow and it's great but buggy for me to the point of frustration. Plus it eats more battery.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I appreciate that you want the light to not blink and if that's what you want, there's no reason you shouldn't have that choice. Still, I can't find any "user selectable" option for it.

I will say that the miniscule amount of current the LED pulls and for the brief moment it's on, and on such an infrequent basis is so small that if that were the only thing drawing current that LED would probably blink for YEARS on one battery charge. In other words, I wouldn't worry about the power consumption but if the blinking is an undesirable visual disturbance, I hope you find a solution.

Good luck! :biggrin:

SallyC

Reaction score
I've been trying to pull this off for ages. Have they fixed this? Now I can't even find the setting for it but I'm sure it's off.

I even tried Light Flow and it's great but buggy for me to the point of frustration. Plus it eats more battery.

I haven't tried it as this is not a problem for me, but have you tried Blink - Flash LED in Your Way?

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
I appreciate that you want the light to not blink and if that's what you want, there's no reason you shouldn't have that choice. Still, I can't find any "user selectable" option for it.

I will say that the miniscule amount of current the LED pulls and for the brief moment it's on, and on such an infrequent basis is so small that if that were the only thing drawing current that LED would probably blink for YEARS on one battery charge. In other words, I wouldn't worry about the power consumption but if the blinking is an undesirable visual disturbance, I hope you find a solution.

My OG Droid had this as an option but apparently it's gone now. We're forced essentially to have this. My cell isn't my primary phone. What I care about most are not missed calls on it but SMS and e-mail notifications. Calls I can see whenever. Without this disabled the phone is blinking all the time and it's distracting as the phone is usually sitting somewhere in view of my peripheral vision. It has nothing to do with battery life. What I meant regarding battery life is that solutions to curtail it--like Light Flow--consume battery life.