Disable/Enable Compcache and fix Redraws

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by jbulluck, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbulluck

jbulluck New Member

The following is NOT my work!!! Credit goes to Samsonite801 for the Redraw Fix and to GirLuvsDroid (she is so awesome) for her "How To" on disabling/enabling compcache!!! I am just creating a thread here in the LFY sub-forum by request from Raziel23x for everyone to use! Believe me, this does work and some of you may have already seen this (maybe even most of you) but feel free to comment!! Here is how to accomplish these task:

Go into Terminal Emulator and type
    :
    su
    /system/bin/compcache stop

That will stop compcache, at least until you reboot. Then, if you want it permanently disabled, in Root Explorer, if you go into /etc/init.d, tap Mount R/W, then long press 90compcache, select Rename and rename the file to 90compcache.bak, I believe that will keep compcache from enabling at start-up.

After that, if you want to enable compcache temporarily (only until you reboot), you can go into Terminal and type:

su
    /system/bin/compcache start

Or, you can go to init.d and remove the .bak extension if you want it to enable permanently again.

As always, make a backup before you start making changes.

[FONT=&quot]As soon as I disabled compcache (and also went into the Advanced menu in ClockworkMod recovery and wiped Dalvik cache -- don't worry, it rebuilds itself in short order, with just the stuff it needs), and used.....

Samsonite801's Redraw Fix
    :

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using any memory intensive application you head back to your Homescreen... you know the drill.....lag, lag, redraw, redraw, then finally you are able to function again.

#1 MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP

In your terminal application on your phone (if you have to ask what this is, Google it, download it from the market)

su (enter)
    echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop (enter)
    reboot (enter)

If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop, or if you did not have this file (like I did not) prior to the mod...remove it entirely.

This should work on all ROMs and from my understanding this only needs to be done once, on each fresh flash of a new ROM...Enjoy! dancedroid
    [/FONT]
  2. jbulluck

jbulluck New Member

Before answering that question, let me ask you, do you know what compcache does when its enabled?? If you did, I doubt that question would be asked!

So here, compcache - Project Hosting on Google Code read about what compcache does while its enabled, and then you can decide if you want to follow the steps of GLD and Samsonite801. Good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

android compcache

android disable compcache

compcache

compcache android

compcache disable
disable android compcache
disable compache

disable compcache

disable compcache android