Disable Background Sync

kombat

Reaction score
What exactly does that mean? I setup the Battery Extender smart action, which disables "background sync", but things like Twitter updates and e-mails still come in. So what exactly is it disabling?

Thanks,
Karl

Deron

Reaction score
Syncing occurs with gmail, contacts, Google music and Google books. But many email apps like yahoo still push emails even when sync is turned off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

pico1

Reaction score
Syncing occurs with gmail, contacts, Google music and Google books. But many email apps like yahoo still push emails even when sync is turned off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

So there is a difference between Background Data and the refresh looking Background Sync icon?

I notice when I turn on the Background sync icon (via toggle switch) that it also turns on my Background Data. But if I turn on Background Data only, it does NOT turn on Background sync. So if that's the case and I don't use Google music, mail, music and books, then no point in me having it on right? I guess having background data on would push the updates I need? Such as FB, Words with friends, Android Market, etc?

82DMC12

Reaction score
If you are concerned with your gmail And phone contacts syncing You should remind yourself to run a sync once a week or so. The sync is also what populates your contact list when you switch phones or after a factory reset. I Just leave mine on as the battery savings is Probably nil When you have the maximum battery saver running also (no sync unless The screen is already on)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk