Disable apps option

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
For non rooted, does selecting the option in application manager to disable apps really do anything? I only notice it makes the icons disappear. Thanks in advance guys. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Not a dumb question at all. It is actually disabling the APP, meaning it won't launch in the background or at all until you re-enable it. Kind of like freezing them in Titanium Backup for rooted users.

Last edited:
OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Nice very cool thanks :)

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It does do "something" but it doesn't really dissapear. If you'lll scroll to the bottom of that list you will see all the disabled apps.

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Thanks I was just wondering what Samsung was trying to allow us to do by giving us the option.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Are there any stock apps that we shouldn't disable. Getting the disclaimer message before disabling is just enough to make me unsure.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The warning usually says that other things may not work correctly, but you can think about what wouldn't work any more (frequently it won't have any effect at all on other apps or functions) and if for some reason you need it back you can always go back and enable it.