Disable Annoying Beep sound on Volume change.

submeyar

Reaction score
Sony Xperia S (Rooted)
Android Jellybean 4.1.2 Build# 6.2.B.1.96

Can Someone Please Tell me How to disable this Annoying Beep
Sound which play everytime i change Volume...
  • I have searched for the answer on Google & This Forum (No Luck).
  • I have tried to find beep file in "/system/media/audio/ui" (Didn't Find).
  • I have Rooted Device and have "ES FileManager Rooted" Installed. Which work just like "RootManager"

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Can't help you with the root side of the issue, but that beep is meant to give you an idea of how loud it's going to alert you at that volume level.

When you first press the volume rocker to change the volume, the volume slider should come up. If you then use your finger on the screen on that slider instead of the buttons, it won't beep again. Pressing the button makes it beep each time you press it, but using the touch screen means only one beep. At least one is better than constant beeping until you get the volume where you want it.

OP
S

submeyar

Reaction score
Can't help you with the root side of the issue, but that beep is meant to give you an idea of how loud it's going to alert you at that volume level..

Actually i use Volume keys to unlock screen, its because they are easier to reach.
And i have question i have not much experience in programming but in "C" you can make beep sound by using "\a" any where in your code. I mean forexample;
printf("This will make Beep Sound \a");

It will print and also beep at same time.. So the point is that if this beep is generated by code then i dont think it can be removed by deleteing any media file.
What you say, am i right Sir?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Kind of out of my area of expertise, but I would think that there would still be a sound file that the code calls out for. It's not like a POST beep on a PC that's more of a hardware thing imo. I would tend to think it's a software sound. If that makes sense...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Have you tried going into your sound settings and unchecked this box? (Or similarly named feature)
M0ICsUA.jpg

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I almost thought you might be on to something there, but I know I've got touch sounds disabled on my Note 4, but I still get the beep when I use the volume keys. I hate touch sounds and don't really care for haptic feedback either, so those are always 2 things that I shut off right away on a new device.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I guess I never thought about the volume beeps. I think it helps to know what level I'm at, if nothing is playing. I don't hear them on my S5 if any type of media is playing.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. I believe it's only for ring volume really. Like I said before, If I'm adjusting my ring volume more than one notch, I always use the button once and then the touch screen to fine tune it.

However, I usually either have my ringer set to full blast or have my phone on vibrate. I rarely find a reason for anything in between. It's all or nothing. ;)

Reactions: cr6

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
You should be able to locate the audio file in the system and remove them. You could also do a smali or xml edit possibly to remove the "program" that controls the call for that tone.

Note 4Tified

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
It's been so long since I've been into a Samsung system file I don't even recall. It will be in the system files so you will need root access to see them

Note 4Tified

OP
S

submeyar

Reaction score
Does anyone know where can i find that audio file?

6300i

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
/system/media/audio/ui/TW_Volume_control.ogg