Disable 4g with new ICS?

thrgk

Reaction score
How can i disable 4g and only use 4g or 1x rt with the new ICS? i dont see an option

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
i was able to find find a way to get the phone on CDMA only but it's something you would have to do everytime you turn your phone back on. Dial *#*#4636#*#* then click phone info then right in the middle of this menu right above "Turn off radio" it will say "LTE/CDMA/EVDO" click there an select which option you want.

robert70

Reaction score
You can do it in the menu options, you just have to look for it, I turn mine off everyday at work and use 3g only.

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You can do it in the menu options, you just have to look for it, I turn mine off everyday at work and use 3g only.

Not any more. With the ICS update, the option to switch to 3G only has been removed. The method or app listed above are the only ways to get 3G only on the phone after the ICS update at this point.

rpdonald

Reaction score
robert70 said:

Yes, please tell!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

robert70

Reaction score
menu button/ system settings/ More... Mobile networks/ Network Mode// then you simply select Global or LTE/ CDMA OR GSM/ UMTS. HOW EVER I LEAVE MINE ON GLOBAL MOST OF THE DAY AND LEFT IT ON YESTERDAY ALL DAY WITHOUT CHARGING AND THIS MORNING SO FAR AND HAVE PLENTY OF BATTERY LEFT. sorry my caps wouldn't turn off, anyway that's what i found,, now i could be completely wrong but it's what i have so far.,, and btw i LOVE ICS!!!!!! ok it seems that i mis spoke,, and it does not only give for 3g,, it's 4g,3g ,,,,,, LTE/CDMA Gsm isn't even 3g but it will save a ton of battery lol,, my apologies.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moving to the ics sub forum :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
where is it in the menu options?

Yes, please tell!

It's not in the regular menu options in the settings on ICS.

menu button/ system settings/ More... Mobile networks/ Network Mode// then you simply select Global or LTE/ CDMA OR GSM/ UMTS. HOW EVER I LEAVE MINE ON GLOBAL MOST OF THE DAY AND LEFT IT ON YESTERDAY ALL DAY WITHOUT CHARGING AND THIS MORNING SO FAR AND HAVE PLENTY OF BATTERY LEFT. sorry my caps wouldn't turn off, anyway that's what i found,, now i could be completely wrong but it's what i have so far.,, and btw i LOVE ICS!!!!!! ok it seems that i mis spoke,, and it does not only give for 3g,, it's 4g,3g ,,,,,, LTE/CDMA Gsm isn't even 3g but it will save a ton of battery lol,, my apologies.

Yeah, Global is not the same as 3G only. In fact, Global means 3G, LTE, and GSM (although the GSM will only kick in if you're out of the U.S.). It won't save any more battery than LTE/CDMA mode.