Disable 4G on ICS leak

tennvol

Reaction score
Is there any way to force the device into 3G on the latest leak?

pctechdude

Reaction score
Go to dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#* and select phone information. Scroll half way down and you should see Lte/cdma/evdo. Press that and the look for cdma auto (prl). That will disable 4g

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
Doesn't that just disable 4G for just the session, ie when you reboot the phone you need to dial again?

pctechdude

Reaction score
Never used it personally so I can't comment on that. As far as I know other than the Ltd on/off app its the only way.

matty89

Reaction score
I can't switch back to 4G. Whenever I try to toggle back, 3G symbol disappears, and nothing else happens. Rebooting doesn't help either. Any ideas how to get back to 4G?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Caesars

Reaction score
I can't switch back to 4G. Whenever I try to toggle back, 3G symbol disappears, and nothing else happens. Rebooting doesn't help either. Any ideas how to get back to 4G?

After i turn the 4g back on, i have to select "lte/cdma" or it won't
Reconnect to4g.

Googorola MAXX

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are also apps like 4G Toggle that will also take you to the selection.

jzyoufool

Reaction score

I have the same issue with mine, pulling the sim didnt work. I had this issue before when I was running stock and had to get a replacement handset. I've only had this replacement for about 2 weeks so I guess I'll try reflashing to stock and if that doesn't work I'll beg them to give me a different handset

EDIT

I reflashed to stock and 4g came back so i reflashed to ICS and rooted and 4g is running again as it should. I think the issue was changing to CMDA with the turn of LTE app. I will probably just stay away from disabling LTE since this may have caused my 4g failures in the past.

Last edited: