direct tv nfl super fan

yukon

Reaction score
Does anyone use this? im looking to get direct to to get that nfl package, and accidentally ran into this app. How is the quality and service for this?? i woudnt mind getting this for the draft...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used it during the previous nfl season. I had it on the iphone 3gs. Igave up my iphone for the droid and was thrilled to see it on the droid. For its first season I give it a 4 out of 5. But I will admit that there was a 30 second video to audio lag. But for 400 bucks (the cost of the directv subscription) it was not worth the money at times since you could not get monday night, thursday night, or playoff games.

OP
Y

yukon

Reaction score
I used it during the previous nfl season. I had it on the iphone 3gs. Igave up my iphone for the droid and was thrilled to see it on the droid. For its first season I give it a 4 out of 5. But I will admit that there was a 30 second video to audio lag. But for 400 bucks (the cost of the directv subscription) it was not worth the money at times since you could not get monday night, thursday night, or playoff games.

$400, are you serious???? is that for the year or subscription feE?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
off of the directv site:

• NFL SUNDAY TICKET

NFL_Sunday_Ticket.gif
    nfl_sunday_ticket_cust_pricing__NFL_SUNDAY_TICKET.jpg

$44.99 in 7 payments $314.93 in 1 payment

Activate Now

OP
Y

yukon

Reaction score
ohhhh, lol i mis understood, thought maybe it was a 400 subscription fee plus the monthly fee. Did you actually get to watch the whole game? or was it one of those apps that show you video clips only?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No I could watch the entire game and the video was good for a cell phone. At first there wasn't a lag and it was awesome. Towards the middle of the season it started to lag more and more. The problem is you are stuck with the subscription you can not cancel. So whether you get quality video or not directv keeps the money. When I first switched to vzw I was going to get the storm2 because the droid did not have the sunday ticket and I worked on sundays. I went with the droid and in less then a week it was on the market. the app is free from the market because they make the money of the subscription. When I later learned that moodio.fm provided quality sound plus the playoff games I was angry that I wasted 400 dollars. If I could do it all over again I would have still bought it just cuz, but this season Ima keep the 400 bucks in my pocket.

Rixx

Reaction score
I have it...worked wonderfully for me all yr. No serious lagging on my end. I already had the NFL ticket...so it was just a bonus anyway.

Pretty cool to watch a game pretty much anywhere!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
You can wheel and deal with DTV on he price. It's not set in stone with them. Depends on how long you have been a customer. Depends on if you had received any extras form DTV in the last 6 months, it's in your favor too.

As Charles said, No Monday Night Football, no Thursday night, no playoffs.

Picture quality is very good.

Go over to our friends at DBSTalk.com and do a search on Sunday Ticket. There is loads of information over there for this.