Direct Message multiple contacts

Rumby

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to set a direct message shortcut for multiple contacts? It's annoying to have to search through the threads list or enter in all the names each time I need to send multiple texts.

Donkev78

Reaction score
I was in the same situation and then I finally figured it out.

So you simply just hard hold your screen on your motorola X and select motorola widgets and then select contact (s) quick task, and then select your contact desired to set a quick yak for and select the task and your done. Hope that helps, if you haven't figured it out by now.

Droooiiid

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to set a direct message shortcut for multiple contacts? It's annoying to have to search through the threads list or enter in all the names each time I need to send multiple texts.

are you using Handsent SMS? create a new group with the contacts you want to text. It won't be a direct message shortcut though.

Maybe someone else knows another way.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i've been using handcent since day 1 and i still can't figure out how to create a group.

i see batch mode, but other than highlighting the names of selected convos i dunno what it does. after i check some people and text a new message do they all get it?

Droooiiid

Reaction score
i've been using handcent since day 1 and i still can't figure out how to create a group.

i see batch mode, but other than highlighting the names of selected convos i dunno what it does. after i check some people and text a new message do they all get it?

log in to your gmail account from a computer select "contacts" and create a new group. Voila! :)

you might be able to do this from your phone but I haven't done this yet personally.

hope this works out for you.