Direct dial shortcuts possible? (AnyCut gives FC, sadly)

androzza

Reaction score
What's the best way to make a direct dial shortcut?

AnyCut crashes with an FC (Forced Close), which is a real bummer.The "Direct Dial" shortcut option on many Android phones seems to have been removed by Motorola (argh) and substituted with an awkward widget that won't work as a multicon icon.

Has anyone had luck Better Cut? Or Shorter Cut? Or anything else...?

Skull One

Reaction score
I use Folder Organizer by Fabio Collini to create my direct dial shortcuts. I believe he has a free version you can test with.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Widgetsoid. Might takes a novice user a little while to figure out, but I love this app.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

kjjb0204

Reaction score
do the motorola widget called contact quick task, then choose the contact, then choose what actions. One touch action.

Skull One

Reaction score
do the motorola widget called contact quick task, then choose the contact, then choose what actions. One touch action.

I believe that is a feature of Blur. And if he is running a custom ROM it may be turned off.

kjjb0204

Reaction score

I believe that is a feature of Blur. And if he is running a custom ROM it may be turned off.

I'm guessing not. There's only one rom out there for the droid pro and it's half-baked. Not stable at all.

Ride

Reaction score
Gotta second Widgetsoid, love that app

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Folder Organizer!!!
CAP2010113009201.jpg

bwhite757

Reaction score
Widgetsoid created the top 2 widgets, 4 contacts when tapped directly dial...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
When I make a Widgetsoid direct dial, it's in the same style as the switcher widgets and the picture doesnt fill the box. How do I do that?

OP
A

androzza

Reaction score
I'm following up to my thread here, now that I've got everything working beautifully. In particular, I can call or SMS all my common contacts with one tap, and I can have lots of these links on the screen at once.

Here's what I did:
- I bought Folder Organizer [although there may be a free alternative here, I couldn't find anything, and 's only a few bucks, and it worked great]
- I created a bunch of small 48x48 pictures in Paint consisting of text describing the shortcuts I wanted (e.g., "SMS Bob") and copied these onto the SD card.
- I created direct dial and direct SMS shortcuts in Folder Organizer for each contact, then assigned the appropriate picture to each one (Note: If you put the picture in the contact, Folder Organizer will overlay stuff on top, which I didn't want) This wasn't super-efficient, but I only had about 50 to do so it took maybe 15 minutes of tapping around.
- I installed Multicon
- I created a MultiCon widget containing a big array of small icons for calling, SMSing, etc. all of my major contacts.