Direct dial and direct message shortcuts missing!?!

twiy06

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got the Droid X today and came from the moto droid.

I LOVED the direct dial and the Direct message shortcuts on the moto droid. I used launcher x to put 6 in one row and my homepage was VERY useful.

The Droid X has that Contact widget but it is ugly, huge, and i cant put it into tiny icons with launcher X.

So my question is how do i get the direct dial and direct message shortcuts on the droid x.

If i root and upgrade to 2.2 do u think i can get them back?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you select shortcuts instead of widgets, you can then click contact. This will give you a shortcut to that person's entire contact info. Not QUITE the same, but it works...

Emitted from X.

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
Yeah that is what i am using but it sucks. I need 1 click dial and 1 click text and i need regular icons so i can put like 20 of them on my 1st homescreen.

I am in a fast paced business and need to be able to reach 10 people instantly.

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
AWESOME better cuts solved the problem!!!

BMWBig6

Reaction score
Why not use the Moto Blur "Contact Quick Tasks" available under Widgets? Doesn't that do what you want (1-click calling/messaging)?

Also, I notice that Launcher Pro seems to blow up (zoom in?) on Moto's Contact Quick Tasks widget. It installs and loads fine, but you power up the phone and then the contact's icon (profile photo) is huge and has to be resized down to its original size. Not sure if this will be fixed in future versions of Launcher Pro.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Why not use the Moto Blur "Contact Quick Tasks" available under Widgets? Doesn't that do what you want (1-click calling/messaging)?

Also, I notice that Launcher Pro seems to blow up (zoom in?) on Moto's Contact Quick Tasks widget. It installs and loads fine, but you power up the phone and then the contact's icon (profile photo) is huge and has to be resized down to its original size. Not sure if this will be fixed in future versions of Launcher Pro.

I was going to suggest this as well. It does exactly what the OP is asking for.

I also hope the Launcher Pro issue can be addressed. The widgets look great when they're properly displayed.

stacyadell

Reaction score
AWESOME better cuts solved the problem!!!

Try Contact Widget easily found in the market. You can use the SyncMyPix to make sure the widget autmatically updates the contact pic so you don't get the generic icon instead. This also works for the contact feature in Launch-X Pro.

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
those widgets are too big! I like smaller icons. My home page is all direct dial contacts and when i was using motoblur it looked like ugly windows 7 phone.

Better cuts solved the problem!

xliderider

Reaction score
I found a way to get a Direct Dial shortcut using the free app Folder Organizer Lite. Long press the homescreen (or setup in Launcher Pro Dock) and select Shortcut, Folder Organizer Item, Direct Call, choose from your contact list.

Last edited: