Dinc2 root $$

gmmurphy

Reaction score
who has the noodle ? who will contibute to root for Dinc2? we or I need this root, I am willing to pay, anyone else willing to throw a few bones? what is the going rate? my concern is d2 may be bypassed because it lacks 4g/.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I will contribute. Are we talking about the clip thing or what?

I worry that as newer handsets come out the attention (which is already very weak) will get weaker and root will happen only if someone happens to stumble upon it some day. I've been watching the xtc clip site and there has been no mention of it since May 21. I believe the owner got a Dinc2 around 5-25 to work with but I haven't seen anything about his efforts.

It's wild because the Inc S has been unlocked successfully. Just seems that the dinc2 could be done too. I dunno, I won't bug anyone about it but I am checking every day every site I can and I would contribute if it meant a better shot at it.

Last edited:
OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
I will contribute. Are we talking about the clip thing or what?

not sure what the clip thing is? enlighten me. xoom and tbolt was rooted in days. just got my wife the dinc2 can't live without root. so I will pay, lets start the collection, I emailed koush for recovery waiting on response.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I don't know what needs done or purchased but I would contribute. I'm sure others would too. I honestly think that someone is already trying it with that clip device. Its like out of all of my choices I bought the least rootable device made. Figures.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
I don't know what needs done or purchased but I would contribute. I'm sure others would too. I honestly think that someone is already trying it with that clip device. Its like out of all of my choices I bought the least rootable device made. Figures.

me too rats. wife chewing my ear needing a new phone now. pulled the trigger to quick. what is the clip device.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Y'all can put your wallets away, that isn't going to change anything. It isn't for lack of trying, it's because of the VERY locked bootloader. Money can't fix that. This very well may be something that will be what it will be unless HTC "leaks" the keys to the bootloader. I can assure you, this isn't for lack of trying.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Y'all can put your wallets away, that isn't going to change anything. It isn't for lack of trying, it's because of the VERY locked bootloader. Money can't fix that. This very well may be something that will be what it will be unless HTC "leaks" the keys to the bootloader. I can assure you, this isn't for lack of trying.

Yeah I know. It's frustrating though.I have another upgrade available and I'm going for the homerun device next time around. Pisses me off that htc hasn't unlocked it yet.

Last edited:
OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
Did I read correct that HTC will be shipping un locked bootloaders? do you think they will give us the keys? wow this sucks.

info4tim

Reaction score
Yeah id like it too. But *only* if it comes with a working UNrooting app!
Thx all

Sent via my Incredible 2 on DroidForums.

taward09

Reaction score
Did I read correct that HTC will be shipping un locked bootloaders? do you think they will give us the keys? wow this sucks.

Before I make myself look like an idiot, can bootloaders be changed by software updates? If so, I'd assume they unlock it OTA. If not, they probably will give us the keys. They solely acknowledged the development community, and it makes sense that they would allow ALL of their phones to be rooted.