DINC2 problems....surprise nope!

dlyle13

Reaction score
ok so i downloaded some apps and decided i didnt want them or use them so i got rid of them and now i cant get into the market. when i press the app it brings up the loading screen and then just dissappears. this happens in like a second, its really fast. i have no idea what to do. i cant do a factory reset bc im in extended network and wont be able to download the software again until i get back home from college. any ideas??

thanks
daniel

Rhayader

Reaction score
Hmm, seems like a similar problem to what efbld2f was describing in his thread. I haven't experienced this -- but then again, I turned my Dinc2 on, waited for the Gingerbread OTA update, and then immediately rooted and installed CM7.

If you don't want to root and flash a new ROM, the only thing I can even think of would be to find the .apk for the Market app online, transfer it to your phone's SD card, then re-installing Market. Who knows if that would work though. Other than that, you're probably stuck dealing with Verizon and/or HTC on this one?

OP
D

dlyle13

Reaction score
so how do i go about flashin this rom to the phone ?

Rhayader

Reaction score
You mean flashing the RUU I linked to? These are the instructions given by Android Police:
Instructions:

• Download the 285.96 MB RUU from our mirror
    • the full name is PG32IMG_RUU_Vivo_W_VERIZON WWE_2.18.605.4 Radio_1.09.01.0622 NV_VZW1.92 release_200325_signed.zip
    • MD5: 9bdd8f997d3e465f4d9c20a4256920b6
  • Rename the file to "PG32IMG.zip" (without quotes)
  • Place it on the root of the SD Card, unplug the USB cable
  • Boot into the bootloader: turn off the device, hold power and volume down (make sure the phone is not connected to the
    computer
    )
  • Follow the on-screen directions

BE CAREFUL THOUGH -- I don't know if you need to be rooted to do this. I know you can launch the bootloader on the Dinc2, but when you are unrooted it should say "s-on" at the top. My guess is worst case it just won't flash the RUU, but I've never tried it. May break your warranty, etc, I have no clue. Do research.

Just so we're clear, this isn't the same process people usually mean when they talk about "flashing a ROM". If you're interested in doing that, I can send you a link or two for that too.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have not experienced anything similar to this. I have installed and uninstalled a ton of apps.
I am not rooted.

OP
D

dlyle13

Reaction score
Rhayader: would you be able to send me a few links on ashing a rom and maybe how to root my dinc2?

Thanks!

OP
D

dlyle13

Reaction score
It may just be a phone itsself, I am gonna try and get a new one soon to see if the problem gets resolved

Rhayader

Reaction score
Personally I rooted following the instructions in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGEASn3v0v8

I
t's a pretty painless process -- I would just recommend watching it all the way through before you do anything to your phone, and also reading the information in the video description. Obviously, this will void your warranty.

Once you are rooted, there are a bunch of different ROMs you can try -- the most popular ones are Cyanogenmod7 (I've been running the latest nightly build for a couple weeks now and it works great) and MIUI, but if you search XDA or this site you should find forums linking to several others as well. The basic procedure for installing a custom ROM is shown in this video:

How to Flash CyanogenMod - HTC Droid Incredible 2 - YouTube
NOTE: these instructions are for flashing Cyanogenmod7 specifically, but the basic process is the same for any ROM.

And, always -- backup, backup, backup. Good luck!

OP
D

dlyle13

Reaction score
well i tried to do the root but only got to the second part and it kept saying the file was invalid or some nonsense lol ive been trying to look for a place to make sure how to do the RUU update thing but with no such luck, im afraid i may mess something up lol so i may just wait till i can try and get a new phone sent to me. if you have any other tips lemme know haha thanks!

Rhayader

Reaction score
Hmm, tough for me to say what's up given this info - what do you mean by the "second part"?

As far as the RUU is concerned, I've never done that (although I have flashed other zips from bootloader with no problems). My general advice is to read and re-read, and make sure you read through the relevant forum discussions. Somebody has likely encountered your problem before. If you have specific questions though, I'm happy to help if I can.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

OP
D

dlyle13

Reaction score
sorry lol imeant the second part on the vid where the black screen came up and gave you a serial number for the root, and i thank you for your help! ill be calling verizon tomo and see if they can help me any...most likely not haha

Rhayader

Reaction score
No problem dude, best of luck. Hopefully VZW hooks you up.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums