DInc2 on Att?

ZBacks

Reaction score
Is it possible to unlock the DInc2 to work with Att's network? I ask cause in my area Verizon still has no 3g but Att just upgraded their network to 3g. And I like the DInc2 so I would like to keep it if possible. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
Since the DI2 is a world phone, you can call Verizon and request the unlock code. Once unlocked, you can insert any SIM into the phone and use any GSM carrier. HOWEVER, not sure about the DI2, but all of Verizon's other world phones does not support the GSM frequency that AT&T uses in the US. So while you can unlock it and use it on T-Mobile, it won't work with AT&T.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
but all of Verizon's other world phones does not support the GSM frequency that AT&T uses in the US. So while you can unlock it and use it on T-Mobile, it won't work with AT&T.

The Droid 2 Global does. It takes some modding but it is possible, or close to possible.

Personally I would stick with the slower VZW speeds even if the DInc2 can support ATT. ATT is ranking lower and lower every year in customer service, while Verizion has remained king until this year sharing the crown with Sprint. Speaking from experience,ATT customer service is just plain sad. Just the other day I went on the online chat with a rep to inquire if the ATT Small Business DSL Plans are bandwidth capped. There response was simply, could I have you exact address? WTF! Did you read the question? I asked asked just that, what does that have to do with my question? Her response? You need to cal 1-800-something. I am here to assist Residential customer with sales questions. Ok thats fine by why not tell me this to begin with?!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I highly doubt it could be done.

jseah

Reaction score
According to Phonescoop, the Droid Incredible 2 operates on the following frequencies:

CDMA 850 / 1900
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
WCDMA 900 / 2100

The Motorola Atrix, which is available from AT&T, operates on the following frequencies:

WCDMA 850 / 1900 / 2100

And the HTC Inspire, which is also available from AT&T, operates on:

WCDMA 850 / 1900

GSM, I believe, is the voice channel, so that would mean that voice calls would work. However, I believe that WCDMA is for data, so that would lead one to believe that data would not work.

Someone can correct me if I got my frequencies and usage mixed up.