DInc self bricked?

RoyR80

Reaction score
Sorry, this isn't my phone, belongs to my mom. This phone has never been rooted, or shown any signs of distress. As of yesterday, it wouldn't work without being plugged in, today it wont turn on at all.... It's currently stuck in a boot loop? (if you will). It very briefly flashes either the standard HTC-inc screen or the (what appears to be) the boot-loader screen? This is very brief, either one only lasts milliseconds, and the vib motor also vibs for a very quick pulses. At this point I cant keep the power on. :-(
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I think it maybe a loss. :-( Maybe hardware failure?? :icon_eek:
I'm not really a noob, just a stranger the the DInc. My D1 is rooted and ROM'd, as will be my Bionic. Thanks.

Insidious

Reaction score
Is it under 1 year warranty, or insured? You should take is straight to Verizon and don't play nice. Normally it should be fixable but what's happening makes no sense to me what so ever. Is there a way to force it into the bootloader? Or does it just flash it briefly?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
RoyR80

RoyR80

Reaction score
Is it under 1 year warranty, or insured? You should take is straight to Verizon and don't play nice. Normally it should be fixable but what's happening makes no sense to me what so ever. Is there a way to force it into the bootloader? Or does it just flash it briefly?

warranty is expired, and insurance is 99 for replacement, however she can get a ($50)DX2-contract upgrade availability, but likes the her DInc. The phone just barely flashes either screen, can't really get any to stay on. If i plug in the phone it will attempt to charge, the orange LED is let. The phone wont try to self start when plugged in, i thought doing so was normal?? If i press the power button, one of the 2 screens flash: The std HTC sceen if i just press power. Any other button in combination with the power, will flash the boot loader.... However the phone never stays powered-up... :-(

illmatic636

Reaction score
Your screwed (for lack of a better term) sounds like the motherboard behind the camera lens either bent, or cracked. Even a solid blow witha case on it can damage that. And that is one thing HTC will not replace even under warranty. Literal brick!

Sorry

Insidious

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'm sorry I can't be of much help since my Eris hasn't had any problems, and I only know how to really fix motorola phones. If you want ill study up on my HTC, but in the meantime don't give up hope. If her phone really is toast you might want to inquire to Verizon about a possible Dinc2 upgrade because the upgrade price is the same for the DX2, and the Dinc2.

OP
RoyR80

RoyR80

Reaction score
Your screwed (for lack of a better term) sounds like the motherboard behind the camera lens either bent, or cracked. Even a solid blow witha case on it can damage that. And that is one thing HTC will not replace even under warranty. Literal brick!

Sorry
I was affraid something like this may the culprit. I'm not quite willing to give up yet. :-/ I'm thinking she'll prolly renew her contract for $50, and get the DX2... her call really. but i appreciate the thoughts, and i'm still open to any reaonable suggestions. ( I only say "reasonable", because the voices in my head are saying throw it real hard, at concrete.) ;-)