Dinc MIUI

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
I love MIUI so much, I am contemplating on trading my DX for DInc. I browsed thru MIUI DEV site and did come across a couple of threads regarding possible issues w/widgets overlapping, launcher FCn. There was a Thread started to "Report" bugs on 11/05/10 but there's only been 2 comments, one from the thread starter and one from the MIUI Dev. Guess my question is, should I get the Dinc because of my love for MIUI and HTC's Sense UI? Also would like to know if DInc users have had great or bad experiences w/DInc and MIUI?.....FYI, Please respect each others' opinions. :)Thanks in advance to all who assist me with this while I make this hard decision between two power house Devices (DInc/DX)

Z

ZeroBarrier

Not that my opinion would matter much since I haven't owned either of those phones, the D1 is actually my first "smart" phone, but I'm no stranger to hacking most (if not all) my electronic "toys" for nearly 10 years now.

Given that, it seems to be a hard choice between a phone that has been out for quite some time and already has quite a good Dev/ROM/Kernel/etc. following, or a fairly new device with a massive and beautiful screen screen which has just broken out of it's shell in the rooting world of Android.

You should way your options carefully and make your own decision on this matter, since it is quite a personal choice that shouldn't be easily swayed by any 3rd party here. But if all you want is my honest opinion, then I would just have to say that the screen the on DX would probably sway me in that direction. Now take it with a grain of salt, I am possibly being a bit biased; I do not like Sense at all (yuck), and I wouldn't choose those either of them in the first place; I'm very partial to having a hardware keyboard to fall back on and is the main reason I choose the D1 in the first place when shopping for a smart phone.

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Not that my opinion would matter much since I haven't owned either of those phones, the D1 is actually my first "smart" phone, but I'm no stranger to hacking most (if not all) my electronic "toys" for nearly 10 years now.

Given that, it seems to be a hard choice between a phone that has been out for quite some time and already has quite a good Dev/ROM/Kernel/etc. following, or a fairly new device with a massive and beautiful screen screen which has just broken out of it's shell in the rooting world of Android.

You should way your options carefully and make your own decision on this matter, since it is quite a personal choice that shouldn't be easily swayed by any 3rd party here. But if all you want is my honest opinion, then I would just have to say that the screen the on DX would probably sway me in that direction. Now take it with a grain of salt, I am possibly being a bit biased; I do not like Sense at all (yuck), and I wouldn't choose those either of them in the first place; I'm very partial to having a hardware keyboard to fall back on and is the main reason I choose the D1 in the first place when shopping for a smart phone.

ZB,your right for the most part. The only thing is I know its ultimately my decision but a lot of times, 3rd party opinions help quite a bit on making a Solid Decision. Screen size is a big difference but Dinc's screen is not too bad and I guess Sense is a 50/50 thing. Either you like it or you don't. I happen to like it a lot and I can careless for a Physical board.

swallisa

Reaction score
civic, i'm with you the keyboard only adds bulk to the phone and is useless in my opinion...

YMMV

Z

ZeroBarrier

Well then, if the screen on the DI is to your liking, and you like Sense as much as you say you do, then you should take the plunge and make the swap. The development on the DI is quite good and it seems as though everything you've said so far points to the DI being what you are looking for.

In other news, I love the keyboard on the D1 (yes, it could be much better if the keys were more bubbled out), and I love the feel of the D1; nice, heavy, rock solid feel is what ultimately swoon me over from the moment I put on in my hands. I remember the feeling of, "Oh wow, it's fairly heavy and that feels nice!", and then soon after, "I'll take one!".

^^

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
I've not read much convincing testimonies regarding MIUI on DInc though and that's partly the reason why my choice is so difficult. That sense UI IMHO is just right for me for what I want to access. The new MIUI versions for D1 is so Smooth, I can only imagine what it would look like on a bigger screen Like Dinc or DX( which won't happen anytime soon I guess:()

Z

ZeroBarrier

Your alternative is to ask Zen, M1 and Jamezelle for help in porting your own version of MIUI to the DX. I figure if they take you through the steps you might be able to port your own version with a signed kernel (I think you need to have a signed kernel for the DX, seeing as the bootloader is locked down) within perhaps a few weeks of learning the tricks of the trade.

They don't/haven't ported it themselves to the DX since none of them own one, but you do; so maybe you would like to chip in into furthering MIUI development by providing your time, knowledge and DX into the mix and expanding (yet again) MIUI onto another phone.

Why do you think?

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Your alternative is to ask Zen, M1 and Jamezelle for help in porting your own version of MIUI to the DX. I figure if they take you through the steps you might be able to port your own version with a signed kernel (I think you need to have a signed kernel for the DX, seeing as the bootloader is locked down) within perhaps a few weeks of learning the tricks of the trade.

They don't/haven't ported it themselves to the DX since none of them own one, but you do; so maybe you would like to chip in into furthering MIUI development by providing your time, knowledge and DX into the mix and expanding (yet again) MIUI onto another phone.

Why do you think?

Even better, I would actually pay M1 or Zen (A mutual, reasonable amount of course) to have that done because I don't have the patience to do something unique as that. Nor do I have the time w/2 jobs and my lil soon to be 4 year old Prince:)

Z

ZeroBarrier

I don't think the problem is payment, just that they do not have a DX on which to port with. They need one to be able to even think of starting to port it over. Each Android phone is completely different; different kernels, drivers, partitions, file structure, etc.

So the only thing stopping any Dev. from porting a ROM from one phone to another phone is actually having that other phone on which they can check, test, bug fix, logcat, etc.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Seems as though you might get your wish!

i talked to a buddy of mine with a DX, ill see what i can do this week about getting miui on the X...

Let's hope it pans out and Jamezelle is able to pull it off!