DINC Battery Issues

kevant69

Reaction score
My wife has the Droid Incredible and she has been complaining a out her battery does not last. Does rooting the incredible really do better on battery life?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hotdog12

Reaction score
Can't speak for rooting, but the Seidio 3500 mah battery typically leaves me with 55-65% power after 16 hours. Everybody agrees that the stock battery just doesn't cut it.

Sent from DInc

BOYJ

Reaction score
Rooting helped me. I installed a different kernel along with undervolting the battery. I also use Juice Defender Ultimate and that helps too. I have a Seido1750 battery.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
My wife has the Droid Incredible and she has been complaining a out her battery does not last. Does rooting the incredible really do better on battery life?

Unless she is away from electricity for 2-3 days on the regular the 3200mah is not necessary. It makes the phone look like a fugly brick.

Root her phone. Put an AOSP ROM on there like CM7 and an undervolted kernal like invisiblek's.

she will get batt life like this w/ stock battery:

sent from my 2.3.4 Incredible

OP
K

kevant69

Reaction score
I want to root her phone but she thinks it will screw her phone up. But I continue to try to talk her into it.

OlafTheOx

Reaction score
Merely rooting will not help with battery life. You'll have to do some serious modding to get more efficient power consumption. Flashing a custom ROM and/or kernel can make a big improvement. My setup (see signature below) had doubled my battery life over the stock setup.

Simply getting a higher capacity battery will help, and be a lot less work.

DInc with CyanogenMod 6.1 and Invisiblek #28 kernel.

OP
K

kevant69

Reaction score
Merely rooting will not help with battery life. You'll have to do some serious modding to get more efficient power consumption. Flashing a custom ROM and/or kernel can make a big improvement. My setup (see signature below) had doubled my battery life over the stock setup.

Thanks Olaf, just showed my wife the responses she said go ahead with the root. It looks like i'll go with the Cyanogen Mod and Invisiblek.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score

Thanks Olaf, just showed my wife the responses she said go ahead with the root. It looks like i'll go with the Cyanogen Mod and Invisiblek.

Go with CM7 and invisibleks newest gingerbread kernal.

Download kernal manager lite from market for simple kernal flashing.

OP
K

kevant69

Reaction score

What does the kernal do?

coldhardtruth

Reaction score

What does the kernal do?

CFS, HAV, Undervolt & overclock/underclock.

Sent from my Hybrid using Tapatalk

TehLizard

Reaction score
If anyone is complaining about your dinc battery please stop. There are various ways to cut down from battery drain. The easiest is to turn off GPS, wifi, auto sync, auto update and auto brightness. Those are huge battery drainers.

My phone is on the charger all day long if I am not going any where. If it is fully charged I keep my car charger in the car at all times so it can charge.

Certain apps require robust battery power too. Even the snapdragon processor eats at the battery.

If you were fully aware of battery drain, you should have bought a non smart phone to save you the hastle. Just my 2 cents.

OP
K

kevant69

Reaction score
If anyone is complaining about your dinc battery please stop. There are various ways to cut down from battery drain. The easiest is to turn off GPS, wifi, auto sync, auto update and auto brightness. Those are huge battery drainers.

My phone is on the charger all day long if I am not going any where. If it is fully charged I keep my car charger in the car at all times so it can charge.

Certain apps require robust battery power too. Even the snapdragon processor eats at the battery.

If you were fully aware of battery drain, you should have bought a non smart phone to save you the hastle. Just my 2 cents.

I fully agree, and I do manage her my wifes phone as far as the battery goes. She is not technology savvy so I try to make her happy with what she wants or needs the phone to do. With all these developers out there, that are smarter than me and are willing to lend a hand, I believe people will always ask the same questions . Before I bought the phone for her I knew about the battery life. But knew it could be tweaked. I guess to her it was about the look and feel of the phone.

OlafTheOx

Reaction score
Hey Mr. Lizard, would you please explain how GPS and auto-brightness are battery drains? I get the others, as they require the phone to transmit RF signals. GPS does not show up in my battery stats, even when it's on all day, and auto-brightness should be helping by reducing the power draw from the screen.