1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dimensions of each wallpaper panel?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by dropkicked, Aug 5, 2010.

1. dropkicked

dropkicked New Member

Does anyone have a breakdown of the dimensions for each wallpaper panel? More specifically, of the 960 x 854, what part (dimension) of that is the center panel?

The reason I ask is I am using a fixed wallpaper and want to create a template so I can just drop an image into those set dimension leaving the right and left sides of it blank.

I appreciate any help on this as I cannot find this answer ANYWHERE.
  2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Can't just go by that. Here is why. Some people have stock 3 screens. Others may have 5,7,9 screens. So the dimensions per screen are going to be different. I suggest getting a home replacement like LauncherPro that lets you lock the wallpaper if you only want one set screen.
  3. Cuttalott

Cuttalott New Member

You have to play around with it... I usually incease the "canvas" not the image... and the bigger the canvas without inceasing the image, the better you can resize the box around the image when applying wallpapers from the gallery. I think this is the best method for what you are trying to do.
  4. keithsmith22

keithsmith22 New Member

Just figure out what setup you are using, 5,7,9 and divide the overall size by that number. That should break it down for you.
  5. dropkicked

dropkicked New Member

Actually you can go by it. The center panel is the same regardless of the number of screens - those side panels dimensions just change (basically the 2 and 3 panels are cut in half for more screens).

I use launcher pro to lock the screen now - I want one centered image. Example - I want to use a magazine cover as my wallpaper - now obviously, using the standard dimensions / crop tool, the magazine gets zoomed in on. If I have the dimensions of the center panel andu se a 960 x 854 template, I can drop the image of the cover to the dimensions of the center panel and use a white fill on either side of it. That way when I use the crop tool I can put the orange box over the whole image but the center panel will be locked and I will not see wither of the white fill
  6. Grievous

Grievous New Member

The droids "screen" resolution is 480x854
    So, the answer is 480
  7. Grievous

Grievous New Member

Here's an example
    Each "screen" is 480x854
    but if you break down the 960x854 into 3 you would get
    960 (240 - 480 - 240) x 854
  8. dropkicked

dropkicked New Member

So that means the center is 480x854 and the two panels are 240x854. The 240 combines with half of the center screen (240) and again totals 480x854.

Thanks 0 that makes total sense! Wasn't aware of the 480x854. Thats exactl what I was looking for.
  9. dropkicked

dropkicked New Member

LOL you beat me to the math. Thanks so much!
Search tags for this page
android 3 panel phone wallpaper
different wallpaper on each panel display
wallpapers panels measurements

what is the width of a panal of wallpaper