Digitizing My Albums to Play on Droid

HamDog

Reaction score
Since I'm taking the time to digitize my old albums, I thought I'd do it in a non-compressed format. But I also want to play those files on my Droid. I'm using Audacity to capture the files. What format can I convert it to so it will play on my Droid with no loss (or minimal loss) in quality? I know about the FLAC format, but I don't think our Droid's can support those files.

Any suggestions?

OP
H

HamDog

Reaction score
PowerAmp plays flac natively.

AWESOME! I currently use MortPlayer because I thought it was the only player that supported Folder based music, but I see PowerAmp does it too.

I see PowerAmp can play both FLAC and M4A type of files. A quick research shows they are both loss-less types of files. I just turned one .wav file into FLAC format and it was 20 Megs and then converted it to M4A and it was only 4 Megs.

Are they both truely loss-less? Any reason to use FLAC or M4a over the other?

CoolBreeze

Reaction score
Why not convert to AAC? It to is loss-less and the resulting file size is much better than .MP3. I know MixZing supports it and they will soon have EQ support for AAC files.

OP
H

HamDog

Reaction score
Why not convert to AAC? It to is loss-less and the resulting file size is much better than .MP3. I know MixZing supports it and they will soon have EQ support for AAC files.

Ya, I thought m4a and AAC are the same thing. I was leaning towards FLAC because I was under the assumption that it's more common than m4a. But it seems that m4a (AAC) has more advantages since it's a much smaller file.