digitizer

Spsu117

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I'm new here so I do apologize If this has previously been addressed..

My s3 got dropped and the screen is cracked..everything still works fine it seems..nothing out of the ordinary.. I was told I may have to replace the digitizer. How do I know if the digitizer has to be replaced?

Thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There are 2 glass plates, the digitizer (which is the one you touch), and the glass front plate of the display (which is below). If the crack can be felt with a fingernail, or you can see it if you tilt the phone to the side and catch the light right, then the digitizer is what has been cracked. If you can see the front glass (digitizer) is not cracked, then it's just the display that needs to be replaced.

There are however good reasons to replace BOTH the Digitizer AND Screen in one shot, assuring proper alignment between the screen, digitizer and case/frame, proper application and installation of the adhesive surrounding the Screen that fuses it to the back of the digitizer, avoiding dust and fingerprint infusion on either the front of the new Screen or the back of the Digitizer while replacing the Screen, and avoiding the risk of cracking the Digitizer while either removing or replacing the Screen.