Digital Copy

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can have it as an MP4 and then transfer it.

However, I got a DVD of Puss In Boots which came with a digital copy. When I installed the digital copy it required another feature for the Windows Player as the digital copy is DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. This meant that when I copied it over to my Bionic it wouldn't play. When I used Zumocast, it wouldn't play either. There was an extra option to create a digital copy to import to iTunes (I have an old iPod). Again it wouldn't play on the Bionic. When I added the requested feature to the Windows Player it ran fine, but only there.

You might have to convert the DVD rather than use the digital copy. There's a program called DVD Catalyst that may work, but I don't have that. I know that Handbrake didn't work with Puss In Boots. The other option is to use a program that'll strip the DRM off the digital copy.

Last edited:

useltonm

Reaction score
DRM content will not play on Android devices. The digital copies that come with movies will play on iPhones, though. I have no idea how the new ultra violet digital copy stuff works.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried DVD Catalyst (first the free trial and then the $9.95 version) on Puss In Boots and it worked perfectly. You set it up for whatever device you have (in our case the Motorola Bionic) and whether you want subtitles to appear. Then press "Go" and a few minutes later it has an mp4 done.

You can get it at Home of DVD Catalyst 4 - convert fast and easy AVI DVD MKV to Bionic Droid iPad3 iPhone4 iPod Touch4 Iconica Innotab Galaxy Tab Nabi Playbook Transformer Prime Thrive Vita Xoom XyBoard and more

OP
Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I did sync a digital Copy to my SD Card, but it wont play on any kind of movie app.

If I buy this other DVD Catalyst software for $9.95 I can do what I want, and with any DVD that I already own.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

69copo

Reaction score
I use Super©™ it will convert any format to any other format guaranteed! I've converted mkv and rs5 to play on my phone. It's PC and you have to uplaod the converted copy to your phone but its well worth it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I buy this other DVD Catalyst software for $9.95 I can do what I want, and with any DVD that I already own.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

In theory, yes. I tried with Handbrake and Free Studio and neither of them would convert the Puss In Boots DVD. You can always get the trial version of DVD Catalyst first. It only does 25% of the DVD, but you can see if it'll work for you without having to buy the full version.

Last edited:

69copo

Reaction score
Super© is %100 free. Try it before you spend any money. It destroys Handbake and DVD Converter hands down. I'm just just sayin.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does look like Super© will do quite a lot, with many options, but it's not intuitive. When you install it, be sure to decline 2 ad-supported web things it wants to install.

I gave it a shot on the same DVD and it said it couldn't as the DVD was copy protected.

Last edited:

69copo

Reaction score
Forgot to mention the adds. Suprised it didn't work. I used it to copy over my digital copy of Iron Man 2 and Transformers 3 with no problem.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used it to copy over my digital copy of Iron Man 2 and Transformers 3 with no problem.

It's possible I did it wrong. In any case I paid for DVD Catalyst and since it's easier for me to use (and it works) I'm more likely to use that. The OP can give it a try, though.

By your comment, did you use it to convert the digital copy or the DVD?

Last edited: