1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Difficulty/Stuck while rooting/flashing velocity

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by i3izkit12, Jun 11, 2011.

1. i3izkit12

i3izkit12 New Member

Hey guys, my ally has been annoying me for a long time because of things like lag, internal memory, etc. So in my vain attempt to wait for a dual core 4g phone to come to verizon I'm resorting to messing with my phone to keep myself preoccupied. In this particular case I'm trying to root my phone and flash velocity. I'm completely new to this so please be patient with me :)

My ally is currently running v2.2.2 and I successfully? rooted my phone using Gingerbreak. I have superuser access so I'm going to assume I did it correctly. Afterwards I used rom manager and flashed clockwork recovery as well as flashing the alternate recovery for what I believe is Amon-Ra recovery?

From my extremely limited understanding I'm now supposed to boot into recovery mode, wipe Menu, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache, reboot, flash velocity 1.0 and reboot.

Please let me know if this is indeed correct and if everything I've done so far is correct as well.

The problem I'm running into, assuming everything else is correct, is that I can't seem to boot into recovery mode. Whether i tap boot into recovery from ROM manager or manually by holding call, menu, and end while booting it just shows an android figure underneath an exclamation point in a triangle and then boots normally.

If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it since I don't want to go to verizon tomorrow, pick up a t-bolt, and then find out the bionic or gs2 came out 3 hours later >.>

Thanks!

* I've posted this in another droid forum as well however I've been lurking here for a really long time and I've found this forum to be extremely helpful so I've opted to post it here as well.
Search tags for this page

back up rom for velocity cruz t-510

cruz t-510 rom

cruz tablet blinks on and off

cruz tablet stuck on cruz logo

flashing triangle on samsung fascinate

how to fix an android tablet when its stuck on loading scree

lg revolution stuck in recovery mode loop with no rom