Difficulty SBFing Droid 2

knivesout

Reaction score
Follow the directions on this link.
Basically you have to download RSD Lite 4.9, Motorola drivers, and the SBF file.
Install everything on your computer and run RSD Lite.
When the process is complete the phone will be stuck in a bootloop and RSD will say something like "please restart phone manually".
When that happens, pull the battery, and reboot the phone pressing X on the keyboard. This will take you to a screen with the android guy and a caution symbol. Hit the search key on the keyboard and a menu will pop up. Select wipe data/factory reset then select wipe cache. Reboot the phone and your phone will be back to how it was when you took it out of the box.

eqforus5

Reaction score
I have a D2G would I use the same files or are they different for me? I am having the same issue adt1982 is.

eqforus5

Reaction score
I messed up trying to sbf the first time and it will only go into the bootloader screen now.

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with my D2. Completely stuck at the bootloader screen. I can't get into recovery and the sbf fails with PB passthrough failure. Any ideas?

eqforus5

Reaction score
I finally got it to work. The only thing I can figure I did wrong was not click on show device. Second time around I got stuck in bootloop but I rebooted into recovery and did the wipe and then all was fine.

eqforus5

Reaction score
Wouldn't sbf but gotta take it back to Verizon cause screen starting to not come back on if I shut it off manually.