Difficulty rooting Razr ICS on my mac....HELP please

bukow1cm

Reaction score
I have been trying to root my phone for a few weeks now but since i have a mac it seems impossible. Also, my lack of knowledge doesnt help.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I don't want to post a link to another site but if you do a Google search for "root droid razr with mac", you will get many results. First of which has videos and step by step instructions, did you try that method already?

OP
B

bukow1cm

Reaction score
Yes, I've watched several and downloaded various different programs that assist in rooting. I havent been successful yet. MOtofail just doesnt seem to connect to my phone and when i go to the terminal on my mac to manually type it in it just fails.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh sorry then, that is the extent of my knowledge on that then. Have not used a MAC since 8th grade because I enjoy actually being able to run programs with my computer. Can you not bootcamp or VM a Windows machine?

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've watched several and downloaded various different programs that assist in rooting. I havent been successful yet. MOtofail just doesnt seem to connect to my phone and when i go to the terminal on my mac to manually type it in it just fails.

You have installed "adb" from the Adroid SDK or made sure that you can execute ADB to see the device?
You have also turned on USB debugging?
Open the script in "textedit" and open a terminal and execute the commands one at a time to see where it fails.