Different types of Notifications

lschicky

Reaction score
My mom wants to know if there is a way to set one notification for Texts, one for Email, and one for facebook (though I haven't really seen how facebook makes notifications, so I'm not quite sure what she is talking about there.)

I know handcent will change the notification for texts, at least for some users. But I'm not sure about the rest, there only seems to be a way to change the overall notifications.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
message notifications-
hit menu within your message program, choose settings, choose notification settings, choose select ringtone.
pick one

CBLJazz

Reaction score
email notification-
go in your email program, select account settings, within notification settings choose select ringtone

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i know that you can choose a different notification for each account but i don't know about facebook notifications

OP
lschicky

lschicky

Reaction score
hrmm.. thanks. I didn't think about checking the settings for each program. That will be much easier then trying to teach her how to use handcent.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Want Facebook notifications? Comments and etc? Download bloo! It beats the crap outta the stock app and is pretty darn easy to figure out how to use.

OP
lschicky

lschicky

Reaction score
actually, CBLJazz pointed me towards the program settings, and that worked. I'm sticking to Free Applications right now. The stock program seems to be working fine for what my mother is using it for, she only uses facebook for basic stuff.

QiG

Reaction score
Between Handcent and Bloo, I've been able to set it as blue for facebook and purple for text messages, and then emails and call/VM notifications are still stock green. Works well for me and I'm more than happy with Handcent and Bloo replacing the stock text and facebook apps.