Different text message vs. email notification tone?

Ashis91085

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to make the email and text message notification tone different on the Bionic?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Open your email program (or text message program), go to settings > notifications > ring tone, and pick what you want. Go to each one and set different tones. I have work email different from personal email different from texts.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nitrap

Reaction score
Tatdroid --- Hmm... I am all stock, not rooted, and while I am able to set my email notifications to be different from my texts, I cannot set different tones for each email account. How are you doing that?

brent.murray

Reaction score
Tatdroid --- Hmm... I am all stock, not rooted, and while I am able to set my email notifications to be different from my texts, I cannot set different tones for each email account. How are you doing that?

I have handcent for my sms/mms. With that app I have a certain ringtone for texts (including a specific one for my wife... which I love) and then my Email has it's own... PLUS handcent has wayyyy more options for text. Not sure if you knew any of that at all. Hope it helps.

nitrap

Reaction score
I have handcent for my sms/mms. With that app I have a certain ringtone for texts (including a specific one for my wife... which I love) and then my Email has it's own... PLUS handcent has wayyyy more options for text. Not sure if you knew any of that at all. Hope it helps.

Thanks brent.murray. I'll give handCent a look.

cadams4lsu

Reaction score
How did u set different notifications for each person in Handcent?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums