Different Startup Screen

DogPaw

Reaction score
Hi, I have the 2.2 update and now sometimes when I hit the power button a get a new screen that has time and weather a sun that make the screen dim in the main section and four buttons across the bottom, an alarm clock, a picture, a music note and a home button. Where is this screen coming from and is they a way to access it and set values.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Try clicking on the "clock" app in your drawer. Is that what you are referring to?

Snoking

Reaction score
Got it near a magnet or docking station? Chris

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
That"s It! It is the magnet in my case. Cool trick by hitting the clock in the drawer, that will come in handy.
Thanks!

TheOldFart

Reaction score
That"s It! It is the magnet in my case. Cool trick by hitting the clock in the drawer, that will come in handy.
Thanks!

I also have a case with a magnetic latch. If I put the Droid into the case with the back facing the magnet then it turns on the screen while in the case. If I put it in with the screen facing the magnet then everything is fine. Screen stays off. Another case with a stronger magnet might make it act differently.

Snoking

Reaction score
Alignment of the magnet determines if you go into the car dock or home dock mode. I made my own car dock with a magnet, velcro and a XM radio AC duct mount.

Chris