different sounds for text and e-mail?

lik-m-aid

Reaction score
I only get one sound for text and e-mail. Is there a way to get separate sound notifications for texts and e-mails. or is there just one all-encompassing sound?

I would really like to get text alerts, but not e-mails...any way to do this?

TIA

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Missed call lets you change them all from one location. Otherwise you have to get into the settings for each app and change them individually in the settings.

markdobson

Reaction score
What I did was open the stock email app > (should take you to the) Combined Inbox screen ( I have 8 email accts on my phone - business and personal) > LONG PRESS the account > a box should pop up > Account Settings > Select Ringtone > Android System > (select) Silent then "OK"......at least that's how I did it, but I'm basically a Newbie myself.

Hope that helps.

OP
L

lik-m-aid

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks guys.
The CONSTANT notifications from e-mail were driving me batty. I just turned e-mail off

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
NP, yeah "push mail" can be a blessing and a curse depending on how much mail you get. Keep in mind (if you get that many) that you can turn the 'push' feature of and just have it check manually every so often (i.e. 15 or 30 min intervals). If you get a LOT of emails this may actually save you battery life as well (since it will be opening the data connection less often). You won't loose any features or anything (just sent it up as IMAP).