different ring tones for different messages

thinkgreen

Reaction score
I had the storm 2 blkberry and changed it out for the new droid x. I just got it today. I have figured out how to get the ringtones to play when there is a new text message and email. What I can't figure out is how to customize them from my ring tones that I had from my memory card. I want to use my songs that I have Thanks for your help.
Is there also a way when I see a new email to delete it from just the hand held device like the Blkberry did?
thanks Again

Andrea

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If I am reading right you want songs on your phone to be ringtones and or email alerts? If so go to the song on your music player, do a long press and hit set as ringtone. As far as the email it is a direct sync so what you do on one reflects on the other.

OP
T

thinkgreen

Reaction score
thanks. I did that and it said saved as ringtone. I did find it there. I am actually talking about the notification ringtones, that is what I want to customize. Thanks
Andrea

Last edited:

tobytl

Reaction score
Petty sure that method will only set them up a phone ringers, not notification ringers as you are asking. The easiest way to do this is to create a folder named "notifications" and place your mp3 files there, they will then appear under notification ringers. If you do this from a file manager on the phone you will need to make android rescan your sd card, settings-> sd card->unmount then mount again should do it.

Note: files placed in this folder will not appear in music players, android ignores them as media.

xMercury

Reaction score
Strange. My notifications are ringtones and I just went through the basic settings.

tobytl

Reaction score
Strange. My notifications are ringtones and I just went through the basic settings.

But are they custom ringtones? He wants to use music mp3 files as his notification ringtone.

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding either way.

agreco60

Reaction score
Download "Ring's Extended" from the Market. When you go to Notification Ringtone in the menu select Ring's extended and then you will see your Music Files. Hope that help's...

OP
T

thinkgreen

Reaction score
thank you for your help. Yes I wanted custom ringtones. I try that at in the Market place. thank all of you

OP
T

thinkgreen

Reaction score
thanks for your help. i got it to work for the texting but not the emails. When I switch it it doesn't stay. It goes back to default.
Is there also a way to turn off the voice when a phone call comes.
thanks
Again.
Andrea

schatzy62

Reaction score
Although the info in this thread is good and did help me some I stillhave not found the answer to my exact question.

Bacground.

I have three work e-mails and two private e-mails. each in my mind has its own priority. I.E. work1 e-mail is mor important that work2 or work3.

What i would like to have is a different notification tone (MP3) for each e-mail address.

I.E. work1 mp3 would say Lab Gear
work2 mp3 would say MRR
work 3 mp3 would say Magmedix

So how do i set a different notification tone for each individual address.

Thanks in advance.

OP
T

thinkgreen

Reaction score
ringtone

Is there another explication other than ring extender to make my own ring tones?