Different notification sounds based on email *sender*??

connelly38

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I just switched from a crackberry to an HTC Droid Incredible. So far so good, but I can't find any way to modify my email contacts so I can get a different notification sound for different email senders/contacts. I basically just want to get a nice loud sound when I get email from one or two specific people.

I'm pretty sure the default email app can't do this. Is there a simple app to do this that still works with the default mail app? I'm using gmail and an exchange server so I'd rather not have to try several different email apps.

BTW, the default crackberry email app did this no problem.

Help?
Thanks,
John Connelly

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid so my experience may be different. This is how I add a ring tone to a contact.

Open the contact app and select a contact. Tap menu, tap options, tap ringtone.

I'm moving your thread to the Incredible general discussion so that other Incredible users can confirm my reply or provide a correct process.

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Droid so my experience my be different. Open contacts, select a contact, tap, menu, tap options, tap ringtone.

I'm moving your thread to the Incredible general discussion section so other Incredible users can confirm or correct what I posted.

Mike

OP
C

connelly38

Reaction score
I have Droid so my experience my be different. Open contacts, select a contact, tap, menu, tap options, tap ringtone.

I'm moving your thread to the Incredible general discussion section so other Incredible users can confirm or correct what I posted.

Mike

This only changes the ringtone for when someone CALLs you. It does not modify the ringtone for when you receive an EMAIL from them. At least, it doesn't seem to do that on my Incredible. So this doesn't solve my issue.

John

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Sloppy reading on my part, sorry.

jsan2727

Reaction score
This doesn't work for me, i still get the system notification for emails.
I believe that will only change the ring tone for an incoming call.
I have found that you can select separate notifications for different email accounts.

I would like to know if there is an app or something i am missing for this also...