Different notification for email vs sms

omniscience

Reaction score
I cannot seem to figure out how to set a separate notification for email than SMS. I recently downloaded the ringdroid app and am very happy to be able to set custom ringtones, however, i get emails about fifty times a day and i don't want to hear a long tone for emails. Additionally it would be nice to know whether i am receiving an email that can be ignored for awhile or an sms that should be answered immediately.

Any help with this would be appreciated. thanks!

parker34

Reaction score
If you go to the Gmail->Menu soft key->more->settings then you can change the notification setting and change the ringtone you want also there is an app that allows you to change the color of the notification led but for the life of me cannot remember the name

parker34

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid so i am not absolutely positive about this but if your email is solely gmail it should work....like if you don't have two different accounts on like gmail and yahoo or something

OP
O

omniscience

Reaction score
following those steps for the widget lead me to figure out how to simple turn off the sound for email notifications, so either way, missions accomplished, thanks.