different marketplace

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by armus, Dec 23, 2011.

1. armus

armus New Member

Got the ota to work - it was a pain since I was missing the guided tour apk - anywho, the marketplace is the old one for some reason and it's missing a lot of my apps. I don't even remember all of the ones I had before. And even my titanium backup is missing it's data. wierd. And clue on the marketplace though?
  2. armus

armus New Member

No one knows about updating the market?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. xaelith

xaelith New Member

There's probably a download somewhere, but the best i can tell you is to try a forum and google search. Otherwise, i'm afraid i don't have an answer. Just know one day my market looked one way, and looked another the next...not even so much as a "such-and-such has updated successfully" in the notification bar :/
  4. armus

armus New Member

Ok funny. I updated google music and it flashed the new market. No update notice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  5. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Active Member

You should be able to Google the updated market Apk and apply it. Usually from my experiences once its on the SD it will update automatically when you sign in to Google... as crazy as it may sound coming from me, I haven't even rooted yet. Lol but waiting for SBF or FXZ file to be safe first is what I'm still waiting for. But I bet this beast will seriously haul arse when it over clocked and debloated. And surely the battery for me then would be insane! Love this thing! Haven't touched my other devices in a while...lol peace!

Motorola Droid Razr™
    Peace!
  6. xaelith

xaelith New Member

Yeah, i've noticed a few of google's apps update themselves without any hint that anything happened. As a matter of fact, a couple months ago, i tried helping someone who was havfing a problem figuring out how to change the notification sounds on gmail. Without realizing gmail had updated itself, i went about making myself look stupid by telling them how to do it before the update. After i posted, i went in and tried my own suggestion just to make sure only to find my error. Personally, i find it a serious security flaw when any program can update itself without user consent, regardless of who made the app, or what it does.