1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Different Droid App Markets

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by leviathngod, Dec 27, 2010.

1. leviathngod

leviathngod New Member

Ok I currently have the stock app market, slide me market and the open app market. Are there any other markets that have good apps on them that you guys n' gals would recommend?:)
  2. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

What's the point of having anything other than the stock market? Do those have apps that aren't on the stock one?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. leviathngod

leviathngod New Member

a few yes

yeah, I've seen a few on some that do not appear on the stock market
  4. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid New Member

I would be cautious of anything downloaded from another market. Very good chance they are sending out info from your phone to unknown places. Your choice, but are you SURE that they are legit?
  5. HamDog

HamDog New Member

They're already sending out your info from apps in the Android market! Didn't you see the Wall Street Journal front page report a couple of weeks ago? It was discussed in a few threads here. Pandora was the BIGGEST culprit of selling your personal info and location to others. I have since uninstalled Pandora.

Never assume an app is safe because it's in the Android market. That's a big difference between Apple and Google. Steve Jobs acts as your daddy to keep you safe. Google apps market is open and unristricted...let the buyer beware.

And even Steve Jobs doesn't do a good job. The Wall Street Journal article said many apps in the iTunes store also sent out personal info (yup, Pandora came in number 1 again). Apple denied to comment on the article!
  6. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

No proof in that statement....
Search tags for this page

different app market

different app markets
how many different app markets are there
is there different open app mkt

other app markets

what are the different android app markets