1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Differences in 2.3.320

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by thetomas, Dec 5, 2010.

1. thetomas

thetomas New Member

I know the leaked update included a new version of kernal, bootloader, and so on, but I haven't actually found any information on what this effectively changes. Are there new features, better battery life, noticeable bug fixes, or anything else of the sort? In short, why update? I've been waiting to consider the update until the new sbf is available, but that seems to be available now. If any of you can tell me what the benefits are (besides having the latest version), I'd appreciate it.
  2. dogswind

dogswind New Member

As far as I know, Motorola hasn't disclosed what was actually changed/fixed.
    From personal experience, battery life was improved, signal may be better (debatable, but certainly not worse), and I haven't experienced a single reboot, even on the lock screen. The main problem I had was finding a custom ROM that fully worked with it, but rubix 1.9.0 for leak is running flawlessly for me now.

Edit: Oh yeah, Battery Manager hasn't force closed anymore. I rarely open it though.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  3. thenewmalcolm

thenewmalcolm New Member

I noticed some changes to the music app but that's about it. Dx/d2 overclocker doesn't work anymore, so that's a downer.
    It my just be placebo. But it does appear to be running better, especially since I don't notice the lack of overclock.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. donballz

donballz New Member

Seems to be faster. They added a most recent caller thing to the dialer. I haven't noticed anything else.
  5. TheJester34

TheJester34 New Member

How did you all get this? My DX says it's up to date. Or maybe I'm misreading somewhere
  6. kennydied23

kennydied23 Member