Differences between CM7 and Liberty 0.8?

Sweettreat

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to CM7. Liberty has started to really suck for me. Seems like each nightly trades bugs for other bugs. I need something else. How is Apex?

DX on LGBv.8

leonozug

Reaction score
So once CM7 is installed. We can't boot into recovery or we'll have to SBF? Just curious how we're supposed to do nandroids or apply patches? Or maybe I'm just missing something...

Edit: Ah, sorry, I misread the post... there's an option within CM. Now I feel sheepish...

Lol. Yes. You have to use ROM manager from clockwork.

Sent from Droid 2 Gingerbread running ApeX 2.0

Not true...I haven't used Rom Manager once on CM7 for DX. To go into recovery all you have to do is hold down power and press reboot, and you select Recovery. No bootstraper needed. It's awesome.

luigi90210

Reaction score
i ran CM7 on my old D1 and i have to say i loved it, now that its on my DX its even better, i have to say it has been the most responsive rom i have ever used, i have used liberty, fission, and gummyjar, all of which i ditched for stock because of stability issues(i would get random reboots) but now that i have flashed CM7 i have to say, no major issues(aside from the normal bugs reported) and its faster than ever

i have always overclocked my phone until now, now i just undervolt my phone and im happy
trust me you wont regret flashing CM7
plus i get about 12 hours on my normal battery and about 16 hours on my extended battery

barski

Reaction score
I've ran both liberty and CM7. They both have the perks but i'm with CM7 even tho it is in its early beta. The part that really got me was how much customization options you have. Another huge plus was how fast and smooth it is. Other roms i have tried always seem to hiccup everyone once in a while, so far non of that has happened with CM7.

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
The great thing about CM7 is it is completely built from AOSP. All of the prior DX roms had to be in some way built from the stock ROM due to the bootloader locking ROM devs out of certain parts of the system, but with the 2nd init method a full build ROM like cyanogen that replaces all of the system can be install. Since it isn't based off of the stock ROM, there is literally no trace of Blur left in the system and all you get is sweet sweet tweaked AOSP with all the nice customizations in CM7 that are only possible with a full system replacement ROM

What liberty needs to do is build a rom off CM. Kind of like what ChevyNo1 did.

idol

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to CM7. Liberty has started to really suck for me. Seems like each nightly trades bugs for other bugs. I need something else. How is Apex?

DX on LGBv.8

I am running Apex right now. For me it seems to be the best rom out right now. Liberty with all the bugs and Cyanogen just coming out. Apex has the best battery life I have ever had on any rom also.