Differences between 0.6.2 and BB or Cyanogen?

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ummm

Thanks I guess -- I actually took a look for about 20 minutes between the various links and nothing mentioned about vendor setup. How about just a quick summary what it does.:icon_ banana:dancedroid

a vendor setup (or a device setup as it has become in froyo), is nothing more than a sequence of makefiles and configuration files that identifies what parts of the android OS should be built and placed into a given device. you declare variables that change how the build is ran as well as include proprietary files or overlays that are device-specific.

the easiest way to learn more about a vendor/device setup is to just view one and read through the various files within it. i know that's not a lot of help but it's honestly the truth because there's a lot to cover in a vendor setup.

kevdog

Reaction score
Great explanation -- so its somewhat equivalent (maybe a stretch) to a make menuconfig when compiling a linux kernel when you can choose what modules to roll into the kernel and the like I take it. Thanks. I think I will take a look at the vendor setup.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
The way I look at it. All three roms have great speed and battery life. I had the honour to try all 3 roms and had great experience with all of them. Yeah some have some have bugs here and there. But what really made me stick with Saphire is the the team's excellent service. Whenever there is a bug or problem, they quickly jump on it and take care of it right away. They put more than 110% effort behind their product which I really appreciate and makes me a happy community member. To top it off, they introduced a custom made kernel for their product....dancedroid Bottom line my thanks go to all the developers for all roms. I get better support from them more than I get from verizon..You guys rock..:rockon: