difference between unlimited data and web/email?

bgreen82

Reaction score
i think i might have made a mistake by signing up for the unlimited data plan with the droid i have coming. what extra do you get from the unlimited data plan that you wouldnt get from the unlimited web/email. i will be streaming music, running apps, browsing and navigating primarily with my device. do i only need the web and email plan?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you're confused my friend. You have to have a data plan with the Droid and Verizon, there is no way around it. There's a sticky about that at the top of the General Discussion thread.

They do have a plan that's not unlimited Data but I think it's only 5 bucks less and it tops out out 25 GB.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
They do have a plan that's not unlimited Data but I think it's only 5 bucks less and it tops out out 25 GB.

And that plan is not able to be connected to a droid....more for the Env3 type of phones..

OP
bgreen82

bgreen82

Reaction score
[SIZE=+0]Verizon Wireless Nationwide Select Family Share 700[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$90.00[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]1[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$90.00[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]- Two Year Contract[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$0.00[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]1[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$0.00[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]- Email and Web for Smartphone[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$29.99[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]1[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$29.99[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]Verizon Wireless Added Line[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$9.99[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]1[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$9.99[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]- PDA/Smartphone Unlimited[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$44.99[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]1[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$44.99[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]- Two Year Contract[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$0.00[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]1[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$0.00[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]Total[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]$174.97[/SIZE]

this is what we got. my wife got an eris and i got the droid. this was through letstalk.com because we got a corp. discount. whats the difference between her email and web for smartphone and my pda/smartphone unlimited for $15 more?

OP
bgreen82

bgreen82

Reaction score
sorry that turned out horrrible. hers is $29.99 for email and web and i got pda/smartphone unlimited for $44.99.

OP
bgreen82

bgreen82

Reaction score
Enter your location

this is the feature addon on verizon.com. either email and web or unlimited data usage. what i need to know is could i just switch to email and web for $15 less and do what i wanna do without being charged extra.

bllarkin

Reaction score
The $45 plan is usually only applied to corporate accounts. For the Droid, it has no impact. The only impact the difference in plans is when it comes to Blackberries, as the $45 plan supports Blackberry Exchange Server for enterprise users, while the $30 plan does not.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
And you do not need the $45 plan on the droid....even if your using an exchange account....

OP
bgreen82

bgreen82

Reaction score
so running any apps or downloads or streaming any music is not going to charge me any extra if i have the $30 plan, and i should change right away?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And you do not need the $45 plan on the droid....even if your using an exchange account....

Balck is absolutly correct. BEFORE they are activated or asap change each phone to the $30 data plan.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
so running any apps or downloads or streaming any music is not going to charge me any extra if i have the $30 plan, and i should change right away?

Yes, Unless you like paying the extra $15....

dayfornight99

Reaction score
since we are on this topic. I signed up for the 45 buck data plan but want to switch to the 30 buck data plan. Is this something I can do online through the verizon website or do I have to call to change? I can't find a location in "my verizon" to change data plans

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

it will be fine. change it ASAP

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
since we are on this topic. I signed up for the 45 buck data plan but want to switch to the 30 buck data plan. Is this something I can do online through the verizon website or do I have to call to change? I can't find a location in "my verizon" to change data plans

I would call....

OP
bgreen82

bgreen82

Reaction score
thanks guys, calling to change before first bill. thats a dumb name for something that just syncs corporate emails.