1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Difference Between Low Voltage Kernals and Medium Voltage Kernals?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jpennin, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jpennin

jpennin New Member

I am currently running SS GINGERBREAD 5.0 with chevyno1 7 slot low voltage 1.25 mhz kernal on a regular Droid. I want to make my phone as fast as possible. I was debating on whether to try to use a kernal with medium voltage to see if it made it any faster. I wanted to ask around first though to make sure it isn't a waste of time. What is the difference? Will it make my phone faster?
  2. sarreq

sarreq New Member

it'll make your phone run hotter and drain your battery faster.

as for whether it'll run any faster, 1250mhz is 1250mhz; unless the voltage affects the CPU's IPC (instructions per cycle) count, you won't see any benefit.
  3. jpennin

jpennin New Member

My battery already sucks. I have to charge it twice a day as it is. I just want the phone to run at max speed without messing it up. I installed the kernal I mentioned earlier and it made it run a little faster but I want maximum speed.