Difference between flashed theme and launcher theme?

Prsterero

Reaction score
so what's the difference between a theme used with a launcher like adw versus a theme that's flashed like the ics theme for each? Does the flashed one have more of the phone themed or something?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Well, first to flash a theme you need to be rooted and usually running a custom rom.
A launcher theme can only theme what you see when you're in the launcher. A theme you flash for the rom can theme anything. So basically stay on your launcher and anything there can be themed no more. But with a flashed theme you can theme apps, and pretty much anything! :biggrin:

OP
Prsterero

Prsterero

Reaction score
Well, first to flash a theme you need to be rooted and usually running a custom rom.
A launcher theme can only theme what you see when you're in the launcher. A theme you flash for the rom can theme anything. So basically stay on your launcher and anything there can be themed no more. But with a flashed theme you can theme apps, and pretty much anything! :biggrin:

Of course I'm rooted and running a rom haha. Alright once I'm done calibrating ill have to look at flashing the ics theme

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums